[aur-general] A package looks not maintained anymore

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Sat Jan 28 14:25:08 EST 2012

Am 26.01.2012 20:13, schrieb Philip Müller:
> flag as outdated and post a link to your PKGBUILD in a comment on the package.
>
> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:12:22 +0100, Fabien Devaux <fdev31 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> first, I'm quite new to archlinux so I'm still learning the basics...
>> The "snaked-git" package at
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=42305 looks
>> updated,
>> I tried to contact package's author without any success.
>>
>> I own an updated version of the PKGBUILD file with proper content, but I'm
>> not the owner.
>>
>> How should I proceed ? Shall I just click "outdated" in the web form ?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Fabien Devaux.

Hello,

sorry for my late 2 cents, but I think flagging-out-of-date should only be used
if the package really is out of date, which cannot be the case for git-packages.
A comment with the correct PKGBUILD should be enough for now. However, there are
different opinions about that.

Btw. the maintainer of snaked-git did not incorporate suggestions made in the
AUR comments, did he? If not, it could be avisable to write a PM withe the link
to the PKGBUILD to him.

Best Regards Stefan.