[aur-general] Deletion and rename requests

Lex Black autumn-wind at web.de
Mon Jul 2 16:10:41 EDT 2012

Hello

I took a look on some orphaned AUR-packages.

And I think some can be deleted (all of them are orphaned and if it was
reasonable I tried to update them):

# pidgin-icq-russia-patch:
Totally outdated and the bug got already fixed.

# pidgin-nateon:
Source page is dead (Though the binaries got included with the
pkgbuild.tar.gz)

# pidgin-nateon-svn:
Totally dead

# pidgin-osd:
Original sources are dead (although there exist other sourcelinks)

# pidgin-qip:
Source links are dead

# pymktorrent:
Source links are dead.

# python-postfix-policyd-spf:
There exists an other version:

And maybe this package
# python-urljr:
Original Sources are dead. The package itself uses now an other link
(which goes to the ubuntu archive)
Maybe a candidate for deletion. At least it should be renamed to
python2-urljr

And now some candidates for renaming (or deletion):

# pyevent:
as suggested from a comment: python2-event

# python-certtool
---> python2-certtool

# python-colubrid
---> python2-colubrid (or deletion.. Last update in 2006. I only updated
the package to see if it builds and uploaded the pkgbuild. Didn't test
the package for function)

# python-daap
---> python2-daap

# python-networkmanager
---> python2-networkmanager (possible free to deletion. Updated pkgbuild
but the created package doesn't work)

# python-htmltmpl
---> python2-htmltmpl (or deletion. I updated it, but the last package
which required this got an update. And since it's from 2001. Possible it
doesn't work like intended)