[aur-general] Orphan request

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 15:23:16 EDT 2012

Op zondag 15 juli 2012 21:46:08 schreef D. Can Celasun:
> Wow, Déjà vu! In the past another TU asked me the exact same question
> and it was decided that if the maintainer didn't update any of his
> packages for a long time (e.g a year) the wait-2-weeks-for-response
> wasn't necessary. That particular discussion is here [1]. So I'd be
> glad if you could go ahead and orphan the packages.
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1]
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2011-October/016307.html
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Ike Devolder <ike.devolder at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Op zondag 15 juli 2012 21:36:16 schreef D. Can Celasun:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Can someone please orphan rabbitvcs-thunar [1] and thunarx-python[2] ?
> >> The maintainer hasn't updated any of his packages in over a year and
> >> there are updated PKGBUILDs in the comments. I'd like to maintain
> >> them.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> [1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34590
> >> [2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=34589
> >
> > Did you email the current maintainer ?
> > If he/she does not respond in two weeks we can orphan [1].
> >
> > [1]
> > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Q:_Foo_in_AUR_is_outdated.3B_what
> > _do_I_do.3F
> >
> > thx
> >
> > --Ike

This thing about the long not updated packages was never written down, so that
is why you get this question again.
now i have updated the wiki so this is known for more than you alone. i cant
remember everything that ever happened in the mailinglist.

so maybe you could also notify in the mail that we are talking about long
marked packages this makes it easier for us to make a decision.

and at last, orphaned both. thx

--Ike