[aur-general] A question about building qgis

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Sat Jul 21 17:11:58 EDT 2012

The qgis-trunk package build to this point

Scanning dependencies of target synccrsdb
../../output/bin/crssync: error while loading shared libraries:
libqgis_core.so.1.9.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
make[2]: *** [src/crssync/CMakeFiles/synccrsdb] Error 127
make[1]: *** [src/crssync/CMakeFiles/synccrsdb.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

In searching for a solution I found a this solution

[ error while loading shared libraries: libqgis_core.so.1.8.0: cannot

If you have this error while loading a compiled qgis, you can try this:

# get the full lib path, for example
"/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" (no wildcard ~)
# copy this path to a new file /etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf (on Ubuntu
distribution. This can change a bit)
sudo su
echo "/home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/lib/" >
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
exit
# ldconfig
sudo ldconfig
# verify with ldd
ldd /home/myusername/src/qgis/Quantum-GIS/build/bin/qgis | grep "libqgis" ]

here -> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Building_QGIS_from_Source

This is one of my weaker areas. Is this the correct solution or is
there a better way to do this? I really don't want to f'up my box
after successfully negotiating the latest upgrades.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mya