[aur-general] Structure and naming of packages

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jun 14 20:45:09 EDT 2012

Hi,

(I'm not sure if this post belongs here or perhaps to aur-dev, sorry
for confusion.)

Is there any convention regarding structure and naming of packages?
I have a project implemented in C, which consist of a library and
collection of utilities.
In Debian world, this project is split across three packages:
abc0 - library
abc-bin - utilities
abc-devel - headers and files for developers

I'd like to create a package for Arch.
How should I structure?

Also, I'd like to have two variants of packages: one for latest stable release
and one for development upstream hosted in SVN.
Shall I use -svn suffix for the latter?

I have checked the Wiki of ABS, Package Development category, etc.
and I haven't found answer to my questions. Any pointers?

Best regards,