[aur-general] ChangeLog vs .ChangeLog

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jun 15 16:17:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

The Creating packages wiki [1] is quite clear about what packages
should contain.
I cloned the Git repo of AUR to look into various existing packages,
compare details,
and learn by example.

Apart from the mandatory .PKGINFO file, some packages contain the
optional .INSTALL too.
But, there is no package that contains the optional .ChangeLog file.
Instead, there are packages that contain ChangeLog file (without dot).
I looked into some of the files and they seem to be maintainers' ChangeLog,
not original ChangeLog of software project.

My question is, if they are indeed maintainers' logs, why nobody bothers
naming them .ChangeLog?
Is the wiki out of date here, or the policy is relaxed?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_Packages
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Git_Repo

Best regards,