[aur-general] [RFC] New package: proj-svn

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 02:56:15 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 12:52 AM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created first version of proj-svn package for PROJ.4, a cartographic
> projections library hosted at http://proj.osgeo.org
>
> I attached two files, PKGBUILD and ChangeLog.
> I'd like to ask for review and comments.
>
> Do these files look OK?
> Can I pack these files into proj-svn.tar.gz and submit to AUR?

Not that way.  You should do `makepkg --source` in the directory with
your PKGBUILD file.

And in terms of your PKGBUILD:
 * set description to “Cartographic Projections library, SVN version.”
so it is like the upstream package.
 * arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
 * remove empty entries.
 * ${srcdir}, ${pkgdir}
 * you don't need the ChangeLog file, and you didn't show us any
COPYING, but you install one.

> Note, there are a few related or similar packages available:
>
> * proj - stable version of PROJ.4
> https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=proj
>
> * proj-old - old version of PROJ.4
>
> * libproj4 - is a different library to PROJ.4
> Homepage: http://home.comcast.net/~gevenden56/proj/
> Historically, it is related to PROJ.4, names are similar, but they are
> distinct projects.
>
> So, proj-svn is not a duplicate of any existing package.

No need to tell that.

> Best regards,
> --

Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post
GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16   | Arch Linux x86_64, zsh, mutt, vim.
# vim:set textwidth=70: