[aur-general] [RFC] New package: proj-svn

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 12:57:20 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Jesse Juhani Jaara
<jesse.jaara at gmail.com> wrote:
> As the software is Licensed under MIT license you do not have to copy
> the COPYING file into the package. You only need to copy the COPYING
> file if you set license=('custom: foobar'), but if the license is one of
> the licenses included in [core]/licenses (is even in base group) package
> license=('license_name') is enought. (GPL1/2/3, MIT, APACHE....)

The original package in repos DOES install a COPYING file.  For a reason.

> All source, data files and other contents of the PROJ.4 package are
> available under the following terms.  Note that the PROJ 4.3 and earlier
> was "public domain" as is common with US government work, but apparently
> this is not a well defined legal term in many countries.  I am placing
> everything under the following MIT style license because I believe it is
> effectively the same as public domain, allowing anyone to use the code as
> they wish, including making proprietary derivatives.
>
> Though I have put my own name as copyright holder, I don't mean to imply
> I did the work.  Essentially all work was done by Gerald Evenden.

>  Copyright (c) 2000, Frank Warmerdam

You need one with BSD and MIT.  They (at least BSD does) force you to
insert a copyright line.  And so, every package under such licenses
has a file in /usr/share/licenses.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post