[aur-general] sks

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 22:28:49 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM, David Benfell
<benfell at parts-unknown.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm still relatively new to Arch, so I'm still finding my way around
> and becoming familiar with the Arch Way.

welcome

> I'm interested in sks. It is presently set up for version 1.1.2 from a
> source location that is no longer available. The package is now on
> bitbucket and the current version is 1.1.3. It depends upon an Ubuntu
> package, but a current Debian package is available.
>
> I tried tweaking the PKGBUILD but the build fails--something to do
> with cryptokit.
>
> I have left a comment but have not emailed the maintainer. My
> inclination is to think the package should be flagged as 'out of
> date'. Is that correct?

Yup, if the package has a newer version upstream, then you should mark
it out of date.

Looks like there is no maintainer so if there was one, they dropped it
and so now it is an orphan (no current maintainer).

Fedora might have something to help you figure out how to compile it:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=sks.git;a=summary