[aur-general] Deletion request: nodejs0.8

Steve steve at offend.me.uk
Wed Jun 27 06:24:20 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-27 10:28, Evangelos Foutras wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 12:03 PM, Steve <steve at offend.me.uk> wrote:
>> I create the package nodejs0.8 as a filler until the official nodejs
>> package
>> was updated. It has been now so please delete my AUR package.
>
> Deleted, but ...
>
> ... please don't intentionally submit short-lived packages just
> because you can't wait a few days (ZOMG!) for an update to the
> official packages; this is neither helpful nor productive.

Thanks and fair enough but I didn't see anything in AUR guidelines that
suggested I shouldn't. Snarky comments (ZOMG) are also neither helpful
nor productive.

That said, point taken and I won't do it again. Consider my wrists duly
slapped.

In my defense, I had no way of knowing how quick the turnaround would
be on the official package. Very pleased it was only a couple of days :)

Steve