[aur-general] TU Application - Ike Devolder

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:50:34 EST 2012

Op 01-03-12 19:44, Ionut Biru schreef:
> On 03/01/2012 09:33 AM, Ike Devolder wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

> Hi,
>> Currently I'm using Archlinux as my primary operating system for over 6
>> years and for several years I'm maintaining a small number of packages in
>> AUR[1]. I also keep a repository with arch packages for everyone to use[2]
>> and view the pkgbuilds on github[3]. Originally the repository got created
>> so i could easily install some non-{core,extra,community}-packages on my
>> different computers.
>
> You are my kind of man. I'm doing an awesome team with arch veterans to
> fight against systemd & co and keep arch in the way is it now. It will
> be cool to have it near me! :)
>
> Big +1 from me

i would not want to start a flame war here, since this smells alot like:
- vim vs emacs
- kde vs gnome
- ...

everyone has his/her preferences and i would not have it any other way,
since the diversity an the choice offered towards us (if you are,
developer, tu, server end user, desktop end user) is what makes this
distributions ecosystem worthwile.

the drive for stability should not put a brake on new technologies.

let us have a nice combined effort and have a choice, that is for me at
least one of the reasons for using ArchLinux and for keep on using it.

--
Ike