[aur-general] TU Application - György Balló

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Thu Mar 1 18:49:23 EST 2012

Am Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:21:33 +1000
schrieb Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:

> You do realize who first came up with the workaround for adding split
> packages to the AUR...   Because from memory it was figured out in the
> TU IRC channel.

I don't know, because I'm not in the IRC channels. But if I recall
correctly this workaround was also discussed in the forums and/or the
mailing lists. This was at a time when it was still discussed if AUR
shall support split packages or not.

The package splittest which was meant to test this workaround and to
give a sample PKGBUILD was uploaded to AUR by Harvie, a normal user.
And if I recall correctly it was him who first came up with it. But I
can be wrong.

The problem is if you add a subpackage of a split package into a
depends array as György did it just can't be installed, because AUR
don't know anything about those subpackages, because it doesn't support
split packages. And thus the AUR wrappers can't find them. So it's
not possible to install those packages.

Heiko