[aur-general] [merge?] List of vcs-duplicates

Lukáš Jirkovský l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 08:21:56 EDT 2012

On 10 March 2012 16:35, Stefan Husmann <stefan-husmann at t-online.de> wrote:

> Thee following packages can be deleted:
>
> also in [extra]
> amd-ucode https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45587
> evolution-ews https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51055
> fprintd https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49844
>
> also in [community]
> cdemu-daemon-fixed https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57115 (alias)
> elementary-svn https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54882
> haskell-bytestring-show https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53357
> haskell-glib https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=37479
> turpial https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35119

Hello Stefan,
I removed all of these except for the "evolution-ews." It's a git
package and I'd like to give its maintainer some time (week or so) to
rename the package to evolution-ews-git. Then I'll remove it no mater
what.

> emacsen
> emacs is developed using bazaar, not git. The emacs-bzr PKGBUILD includes
> some hints
> how to apply different configure options.
>
> So the following packages should be removed imho:
> emacs-git https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=56636
> emacs-gtk3-bzr https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=53904
> emacs-gtk3-git https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=52340

I'll leave the emacs packages to someone more knowledgeable of emacs.
They look fine to me. I actually don't like the switch present in
emacs-bzr to change the gtk version.

> VCS
> emacs-navi2ch-cvs https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=36450 is
> developed in git. See homepage.

It seems git and cvs are synced together.

Lukas