[aur-general] astrolog package errors

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Mar 15 18:22:40 EDT 2012

The source file astrolog.dat is not one to delete from the build of the
astrolog package.  At a minimum it ought to go into /usr/share/astrolog
since it is a configuration file the installed astrolog package will use
if it finds it in the right place.  The default for astrolog is to look
for astrolog.dat in the astrolog directory right under the user's home
directory.  By default the ephemeris files also go into that astrolog
directory as well.  I think I can write myself an astrolog setup script
which would do these things after a successful installation.  The
ephemeris files are in ephemall.zip and by default astrolog will use them
if they're found.  It's possible to edit astrolog.h and change some or all
of these defaults but untouched that's where things go.  For myself, I'd
store charts in /home/jude/astrolog/charts so that requires at least one
edit before building when I build it on slackware.  The ultimate value of
astrolog.dat is that it provides a user with a correct starting template
to use for configuration.