[aur-general] Merge / deletion requests: weasyprint and python3-decorator

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 05:30:54 EDT 2012

Op 17-03-12 10:02, Simon Sapin schreef:
> Le 15/03/2012 15:04, Simon Sapin a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please remove 'python2-weasyprint' and 'python-weasyprint' or merge them
>> into 'weasyprint'.
>>
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57201
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57205
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57621
>>
>> The later installs for both Python 2 and 3. I think that a single
>> package is less confusing, and it avoids the conflict in /usr/bin
>>
>> WeasyPrint can be used from the command line or as a Python library.
>> Unlike pip for example, users of the command-line executable do not care
>> which version of Python is used, so having multiple versioned
>> executables in /usr/bin/ is not useful. As a library however, users will
>> want one Python version or the other. Do you have suggestion for
>> packaging in such cases?
>>

>> Also, please remove python3-decorator. python-decorator (for python 3)
>> and python2-decorator are now both in "community".
>>
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=57204

deleted, thx

> Oh, I see I didn’t write with the same email address as my AUR account.
> I changed it there so you can see I’m the same person.
>
> Regards,

It seems you did write it with the same email :p

the weasyprint stuff i would rather like
python-weasyprint and python2-weasyprint so there is a clear distinction

you could make them not conflicting by having /usr/bin/weasyprint2 in
the python2-weasyprint package

maybe some other tu could give some input here, thx

--
Ike