[aur-general] Merge / deletion requests: weasyprint and python3-decorator

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 06:15:50 EDT 2012

Op 17-03-12 11:03, Simon Sapin schreef:
> Le 17/03/2012 10:30, Ike Devolder a écrit :
>> the weasyprint stuff i would rather like
>> python-weasyprint and python2-weasyprint so there is a clear distinction
>>
>> you could make them not conflicting by having /usr/bin/weasyprint2 in
>> the python2-weasyprint package
>

> As I said in my first email, /usr/bin/weasyprint2 would do exactly the
> same as /usr/bin/weasyprint (if they don’t it’s a bug) so there is no
> point in having both. It also looks like version 2 of weasyprint, which
> it is not.
>
> Currently python2-weasyprint does not install anything in /usr/bin, but
> that’s probably not the best solution.

if the part sitting in /usr/bin is working with both the python2 and
python3 libs i would suggest the following:

python2-weasyprint (python2 lib) (providing python-weasyprint)
python-weasyprint (python3 lib)
weasyprint (the commandline tool) (depending on python-weasyprint)

so weasyprint should be able to work with either one of the libs installed

--
Ike