[aur-general] mysql-gui-tools unmaintained

Jeff Cook jeff at deserettechnology.com
Fri Mar 23 22:01:18 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Adam King <arking at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ask the current maintainer to disown it?

iirc there is a comment on there implying that the maintainer should
do so. I guess I thought since he hasn't taken the hint and hasn't
updated the package he's not around anymore. I can leave a specific
message on the package requesting this if you want.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM, rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/3/23 Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:
>>
>> I guess mysql-gui-tools can be completely removed. As far as I know
>> this has been renamed to MySQL Workbench by upstream.
>
> Correct. "It is the successor to DBDesigner 4 from fabFORCE.net, and
> replaces the previous package of software, MySQL GUI Tools Bundle."
> (MySQL Workbench wikipedia)

I was actually trying to build mysql-gui-tools because mysql-workbench
was not working for me (it would stick at "Fetching..."). So I think
there is still some value in keeping it around. The interfaces are
quite different too.