[aur-general] Removal request: google-chrome-mini

Evangelos Foutras evangelos at foutrelis.com
Sun Mar 25 22:51:10 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Evangelos Foutras
<evangelos at foutrelis.com> wrote:
> @tailinchu: For the reason mentioned by Det above, please do not
> re-upload this package.

tailinchu, I'm going to quote your email to me below. However, if you
would register on the list you would be able to reply directly to the
list. (That would make things easier to follow.)

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 5:02> AM, Tai-Lin Chu <tailinchu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> i dont understand why he is really obsessed about this.
>> he could simply ignore this package if he chooses to. he could have his own
>> reason, but i have mine too.

We try to keep the AUR from becoming too confusing. One way this can
be done is by discouraging the creation of very similar packages
and/or removing obsolete packages.

Det is suggesting that you can have a gconf-free system by installing
the no-gconf package (also maintained by you). Therefore, *-no-gconf
packages are redundant.

Saying that you have a reason to upload this package without being
more specific isn't enough, considering the package has been deleted 3
times already.

(Please try to respond to the list, so I don't act as a messenger. :) )