[aur-general] Removal request: google-chrome-mini

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 06:25:13 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Daniel Wallace
<daniel.wallace at gatech.edu> wrote:
> this is the email I just got
> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 10:55:16PM -0700, Tai-Lin Chu wrote:
>>    i really dont think removing a pkgbuild just because they are
>>    similar is a
>>    good idea, given that we have tons of similar PKGBUILD.
>>    if we do this, please do the same thing for these families:
>>    1. chromium
>>    2. vlc
>>    3. mplayer
>>    4. ...
>>    you will see that aur is supposed to be free. anyone should be
>>    able to
>>    upload pkgbuild.

I know I have no standing in AUR decision-making, but I find the
uploader's 'logic' un-understandable. If his package is not necessary
and changes nothing besides adding a dependency which already has
'provides=', how can he compare it with compile-flag-varying packages?