[aur-general] iceweasel md5sum problem

Jorge Barroso jorge.barroso.11 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:55:00 EDT 2012

2012/5/10 rafael ff1 <rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com>

> 2012/5/10 Jorge Barroso <jorge.barroso.11 at gmail.com>:
> > Hello, I'm trying to submit the web browser Iceweasel to aur, but I'm
> > having a problem with the md5sum.
> > I wrote the PKGBUILD, used makepkg -g to generate the md5sum and put the
> > output into the PKGBUILD. I made the soruce package with makepkg --source
> > and there was no problem, and doing just makepkg to build the whole
> > package, it is possible to install iceweasel from that package without
> > problems, etc. the only problem is that, when downloading and installing
> > from aur, it gives an error on the integrity check. Could anyone explain
> me
> > why does it happens? my PKGBUILD it's this one:
> >
> > http://pastebin.com/xZawmpUP
> >
> > Thanks in advance ;)
>
> The md5sums in the pastebin is different from the AUR. Correct one is
> in the pastebin. That's the answer for your issue, but +1 to the
> comments made by others.
>
> Rafael

Thanks to all of you, those are my first packages as you should know and
I'm using the proto of /usr/share/pacman to make the pkgbuild, so I'm using
those arrays I think I can use for any package, but I didn't know that ()
will confuse makepkg (so sensitive...), I'll try to correct it.

The md5sums in the pastebin is different because it has been changing
between two different outputs anytime I did makepkg -g, but even now that
it is not changing, and the makepkg -g output is ever the same, it stills
not accepting it.

Jesse, I'll try then to use that PKGBUILD, I looked for it, because I
suposed it should exist, but as I didn't find it, I downloaded the package
and modified the .PKGINFO file. Thanks for your help with that PKGBUILD. I
know archlinux is a non libre system, and that's not bad at all because,
for example, flash it's very usefull nowadays, because gnash has a lot of
things to improve to be a serious subtitute, but, ever I can, I try to use
free software (if it has not great problems, like gnash taking my earlier
example), and Iceweasel with iceweasel-sync it's as good and fast as
firefox, so... I liked it and thought about submitting it :)