[aur-general] AUR and unsuported architectures

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at osvaldobarrera.com.ar
Wed May 30 19:58:57 EDT 2012

Hi,

I've recently seen some comments in AUR, where a user points out that X
package works well on powerpc/arm.

I was wondering what's the general approach given to these architectures
on AUR; since AUR is unsupported, is it ok to add these architectures to
the PKGBUILD's arch array?

If it is ok, is it *advised* to do so when apropriate?
Supported architectures should see absolutely no change regarding these
packages, and unsupported one will benefit from it.

Again, being AUR unsupported anyway, I see nothing bad out of this, but
I'd like to know the TU's stance on this, especially since I'm about to
install archlinuxppc on one of my laptops. :)

Cheers, thanks,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera