[aur-general] Problem with downloading from bitbucket

Νίκος Θεοδώρου (Nikos Theodorou) gordongr at freemail.gr
Sun Nov 18 09:49:55 EST 2012

Hallo everyone.

I maintain two packages that download binaries from bitbucket and then
repackage them, namely [1] and [2]. As you can see at the comments in
[1], “For some reason, makepkg's downloader completes the download, but
keeps the file as something.tar.bz2.part, instead of renaming it to
something.tar.bz2, hence everything afterwards fails.”

If I try downloading the binary with wget, it downloads finely. Am I
doing something wrong with the packaging or is it a makepkg bug?

In the meantime I can force the PKGBUILD to use the workaround
mentioned of course, but I thought I should report this.

Thanks in advance.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kokua-bin/
[2] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/teapotviewer/

--