[aur-general] Building a package from a currently installed program

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Sun Nov 25 16:28:15 EST 2012

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:15:05 -0500
Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have searched for this and not found anything, but it seems like it
> should be possible. Is there a way to package a currently installed
> program? I have a friend who is having trouble with a new Arch
> install getting Orca working. I know for sure my version of Orca is
> working, so I wanted to package it for him, send it to him, and let
> him instal with pacman. I'm just not sure how to do it. Of course, if
> my version of Orca works on his install that means there is a bug
> somewhere, but he needs it to be working in order to access
> information to file a bug lol,  kind of a catch 22. Thanks Storm

Hi,

if the current version from the abs doesn't fit get the version that
fits from the packages.git repo:

https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/log/trunk?h=packages/orca

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4