[aur-general] Naming convention for Python 2 and 3 apps

Allen Li cyberdupo56 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 21:36:26 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 07:07:27AM -0500, Stéphane Gaudreault wrote:
> If it is an application and does not provide a module that could be
> included in another application, then I suggest to depend on python3
> only and keep the name "flake8".
>
> Stéphane

That sounds reasonable enough, but I think we'll still need separate
versions here.  flake8 is a code checker, and it seems to run into
trouble between Python 2 and 3 code since it runs the code when checking
it.  Backward incompatibility is troublesome.

*-python is no good since it looks like it's used for Python APIs and
hooks.