[aur-general] Deletion request: a few random packages

Felix Yan felixonmars at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 10:49:48 EST 2012

On 11/29/2012 11:10 PM, Andreas Wagner wrote:
> I just noticed the librest-git repository has been moved to github.
>
> Maybe we shouldn't be so trigger-happy with the delete button. Being
> orphaned or having a change in the download url is not enough reason
> to delete a package. Packages that don't build may need to be updated
> or patched.
>
> -Andreas

Yeah, I remove packages often when they are orphaned _and_ flagged
out-of-date for long _and_ on request.

There have to be someone updating or patching such a package but in
fact, there haven't been one, for long, and we donno even if anyone is
still using it, that's the enough reason for at least me to delete it.

If anyone would pick it up, they could still add it back and it's not
hard, thanks to the simplicity of pacman.

--
Felix Yan
Twitter: @felixonmars