[aur-general] Some advice requested

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:07:14 EDT 2012

Hi all,

As xf86-input-evdev-remap [1] is out of date and
xf86-input-evdev-remap-git is non-existent, I tried to create the
latter. I have a few questions for you and would like you to have a
look at my PKGBUILD [2] before I put it in the AUR.

1) In general, is this the correct way to write a PKGBUILD that
compiles from a GIT repository with two pulls? My GIT capabilities are
not that high, I merely followed the instructions on MythTV.org. [3]

2) What is pkgconfig? It's a makedepend in the AUR PKGBUILD [1], but
not in the stock evdev driver. [4] Also, I can't find a package by
that name in the repos, but my package builds (and works) fine.

3) Why is my default editor launched just after pulling and applying
the patches (l. 39)?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Marcel Korpel