[aur-general] Merge request: python-openid -> python2-openid

Benjamin A. Shelton zancarius at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:07:10 EDT 2012

In keeping with the Python Package Guidelines[1], I am requesting that
python-openid[2] be merged into python2-openid[3]. The original package
had been orphaned for some time, and I have asked the maintainers of
dependent packages to switch their dependencies to python2-openid. It
appears to me that the only packages still listing python-openid are
orphans and have been for a least a year; all packages with active
maintainers have switched accordingly.

Prior to sending this request, I have adopted at least one of the
remaining orphaned packages still depending on python-openid and will be
updating its dependencies this evening.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Python_Package_Guidelines