[aur-general] python-foo and python2-foo - should they conflict?

Felix Yan felixonmars at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 05:02:35 EDT 2012

As mentioned in the Arch Packaging Standards [1]:
/usr/share/doc/{pkg}	Application documentation

You should rename the documentation folder of your packages to
/usr/share/doc/$pkgname, so there would be not anymore conflict.

As for the use-case one, maybe a user would not USE them both, but he
may be using two other packages that depends the two at the same time
:)

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards

Felix Yan
Twitter: @felixonmars