[aur-general] [david.gabor.bodor at gmail.com: Re: python minor version hardcoded]

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 17:15:07 EDT 2012

----- Forwarded message from Dávid Gábor Bodor <david.gabor.bodor at gmail.com> -----

Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:11:28 +0100
From: Dávid Gábor Bodor <david.gabor.bodor at gmail.com>
To: Martti Kühne <mysatyre at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: python minor version hardcoded

2012/10/28 Martti Kühne <mysatyre at gmail.com>:
> hello
>
> I thought you could add more flexibility to your python3-pygame-svn
> package by flexibly using python's minor release number. [0]
> What do you think?
>
> cheers!
> mar77i
>
> [0] http://ix.io/3g2

Hello,

When I created this package, it was mainly because the fixed-version
python3-pygame was not up to date. Althoug shortly after I decided to
use pip instead to install python packages straight to my home
directory, so I didn't gave much attention to the AUR package.

Meanwhile, it seems that pygame development moved to mercurial, so you
might be better off using that package.

Never the less, if you would like, you can send me a pkgbuild, or ask
me to disown the package if you want to maintain it in the future.

David

----- End forwarded message -----

Hell and thunder. This is at least the third time in a couple of months this
package has successfully fooled me. Please merge python3-pygame-svn [1] into
python-pygame-hg [2] can't tell if discarding the comments makes sense.

cheers!
mar77i