[aur-general] Disown request: tmux-git

SanskritFritz sanskritfritz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 10:48:11 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Disowned. Thanks.

I find this a bit interesting and alarming. The OP has not shared any
details about any reason or about writing emails to the maintainer,
nevetheless you disowned the package without asking. May we know the
reason?
This process is too open if you ask me, anyone can ask here to disown
any package. Now there are packages in the AUR which I trust, because
I trust the maintainer, hence I don't check the PKGBUILD before every
update. A git package can be changed any time without version check,
but it will be compiled every day when I makepkg. So to summarise:
someone asks for a disown here, gives no reasons why. You orphan it,
anyone can adopt it immediately and change the package as he wants. I
update the package using cower, and trust that the maintainer has not
changed (I know, my mistake), so I have an altered package without my
knowledge. Am I missing something?