[aur-general] Disown request: tmux-git

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:03:59 EDT 2012

2012/9/12 SanskritFritz <sanskritfritz at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Alexander Rødseth <rodseth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Disowned. Thanks.
>
> I find this a bit interesting and alarming. The OP has not shared any
> details about any reason or about writing emails to the maintainer,
> nevetheless you disowned the package without asking. May we know the
> reason?
> This process is too open if you ask me, anyone can ask here to disown
> any package. Now there are packages in the AUR which I trust, because
> I trust the maintainer, hence I don't check the PKGBUILD before every
> update. A git package can be changed any time without version check,
> but it will be compiled every day when I makepkg. So to summarise:
> someone asks for a disown here, gives no reasons why. You orphan it,
> anyone can adopt it immediately and change the package as he wants. I
> update the package using cower, and trust that the maintainer has not
> changed (I know, my mistake), so I have an altered package without my
> knowledge. Am I missing something?

No need for such harsh email. I don't think TUs would disown before
analising some evidences, like why it is out-of-date, whether the
maintainer is active or not, dates, etc.

Anyway, this maintainer had only one package sent more than a year ago
and did not replied for a week. It doesn't look like he is actually
maintaining something.