[aur-general] Disown request: nvidia-pae

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Mon Sep 17 15:47:38 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 09:38:30PM +0200, Robert Knauer wrote:
> Hello,
> please disown nvidia-pae[1], it's outdated for more than a month now
> and I mailed the maintainer on 1st of September and got no answer.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Don't take this personally... you're just the one who happened to bring
it up. Do we _really_ need all this duplication? Does every kernel in
the AUR needs its own _from_ _source_ instructions to build kernel
modules? Really, these should all be about 3-4 lines to change in the
extra/nvidia PKGBUILD. Instead, we have...

nvidia-apparmor
nvidia-bede
nvidia-bfs
nvidia-bl
nvidia-ck
nvidia-custom
nvidia-fbcondecor
nvidia-ice
nvidia-ll
nvidia-lqx
nvidia-mainline
nvidia-pae
nvidia-pf
nvidia-rifs
nvidia-rt
nvidia-uksm
nvidia-zen

I'm sure these are all unique and beautiful in their own way, but
really, they're all duplicates as far as I'm concerned. nvidia is the
biggest offender of this, but it certainly applies to other modules as
well.

</rant>

dave