[aur-general] Random (?) out-of-date marking

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Sep 30 16:08:09 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 09:56:20PM +0200, Lukas Jirkovsky wrote:
> On 30 September 2012 21:11, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> > Well they're certainly doing something weird. I found an odd package of
> > their own with a large amount of spam on it, and a rather spammy name,
> > as well.
>
> Given that the other package of this user seems to be perfectly OK, I
> have a feeling that invented's account may have been hijacked.
>
> On a related note, it may be good to add some time limit between
> unflagging/flagging package out of date. This would make life of
> notorious flaggers more difficult.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Lukas

There's little reason to hijack an account, particularly one with only 2
packages, when you create one with a phony email address (mailinator,
etc) and do whatever you want with it. I filed a bug report for what I
thought was the more obvious fix:

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/31745

If you have someone trying to spam you with out of date messages, its
at least rate limited by your own sense of apathy.

dave