[aur-general] Delete/merge requests - systemd units packages

Jakub Klinkovský kuba.klinkovsky at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:28:17 EDT 2013

On 29.03.13 at 19:07, Xyne wrote:
> Jakub Klinkovský wrote:
>
> >Please delete these packages as systemd units are included in respective
> >(official) packages.
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/systemd-hiawatha-units
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/systemd-httpd-units
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/systemd-mysqld-units
>
> deleted
>
> >The 'nexus' package is outdated, there is 'nexus2' package (from the same
> >packager), which is newer version of the same software. I posted comment on
> >'nexus2' that the package should be merged into 'nexus'. After the merge is
> >done, 'systemd-nexus-units' can be deleted, 'nexus2' includes systemd service
> >file.
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nexus/
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nexus2/
>
> I have merged nexus2 into nexus 1. I have also posted a comment on the nexus
> page with a link to an cleaner version of the last nexus2 PKGBUILD along with
> some notes.
>

> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/systemd-nexus-units/
>
> deleted
>
> >What's the policy about packages containing only one systemd unit file? IMO
> >such packages should not even exist, such content should be on wiki... Though I
> >have nothing against collections of unit files (like 'user-session-units'
> >package). I suggest these packages for deletion (really useless IMO):
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/systemd-network-units
> >https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wol-systemd
>
> I don't know. I have left them for now. Maybe another TU wants to opine.
>

> Thanks for the clear explanations and links in your request.

Thanks,
I understand your hesitation to remove the last two packages. In the wiki
there's note "Make sure the package is useful.", but it's not stated that the
package should be removed otherwise.

Last time I missed these packages - systemd units are included in respective
(official) packages:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/openswan-systemd/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/systemd-metalog/