[aur-general] ttf-google-webfonts{,-distilled,-git,-hg} mess

Alucryd alucryd at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 05:15:19 EDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-04 at 08:42 +0200, Martti Kühne wrote:
> AFAIK PKGBUILDs can still implement their own VCS downloads in
> build(), so, why not have it only pull the relevant paths?
> A quick google gave me [1], you get the idea...
>
> cheers!
> mar77i
>
> [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/50945/can-you-do-a-partial-checkout-with-subversion#

Execpt, google-webfonts uses Mercurial which afaict does not allow that
[1]. Even doing a partial clone with a specified depth would be
pointless as TTF files are together with a bunch of other files in their
directories. The hg package is relevant for those who want to clone the
whole repo, not just the TTF files, and the git package is best for
those who only want the fonts. It seems there is a tool named
ConvertExtension which is mentioned in [1], this could be used to only
pull the TTF from the hg repo, but this process wouldn't allow for
incremental updates like git.

[1] http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/PartialClone

--
Maxime