[aur-general] Disown request

Nuno Araujo nuno.araujo at russo79.com
Fri Apr 5 17:22:15 EDT 2013

On ven, 2013-04-05 at 20:05 +0000, Xyne wrote:
> Nuno Araujo wrote:
>
> >Could you please disown pyusb [1].
> >
> >[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pyusb/
> >

> done

Is there a race taking place to see who takes ownership of the recently
disowned packages or to see who has the most packages maintained in AUR?
Less than one hour after the package was disowned, ownership was taken
by user luolimao. This user has over 200 packages on AUR!
However the fix that I need to see applied to the package was still not
applied.

I don't care who maintains the package (less work for me if it's someone
else), but when someone takes ownership of a given package that needs
some work I expect that he has already prepared what needs to be done
locally.

Could we change the behavior of the disown requests to give ownership to
the user who makes the request?

Regards
--
Nuno Araujo <nuno.araujo at russo79.com>