[aur-general] Duplicate Package Removal and Disown Request

Sam Stuewe halosghost at archlinux.info
Sun Apr 7 10:57:35 EDT 2013

hashcat-bin [1] is very out-of-date and no longer serves a purpose as
far as I can tell. Upstream packages the GUI separately, so the default
package is the binary only anyway. Thus, the naming of the package is
redundant, it doesn't follow the naming convention upstream and the
sources it uses no longer exist.

It should be removed in favor of hashcat [2]. However, the maintainer of
hashcat appears to not be active (last update in AUR: 2012-09-28, last
update upstream: 2013-03-22). I would be more than happy to take over
the package's maintainence if it would first be disowned.

All the best,

-Sam

1. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hashcat-bin/
2. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hashcat/