[aur-general] ttf-google-webfonts{,-distilled,-git,-hg} mess

Jason St. John jstjohn at purdue.edu
Sun Apr 7 17:21:09 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Maxime GAUDUIN <alucryd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM, Marcel Korpel <marcel.lists at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:59 AM, Maxime GAUDUIN <alucryd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I mostly agree with you, but I would still keep the git package because
>> I,
>> > and I believe most people, don't want to pull 2Gb from the mercurial repo
>> > and keep them lying around. This is painfully slow and, even though 2Gb
>> are
>> > nothing today, it is silly to waste space like this. The git repo
>> contains
>> > only the relevant TTF files and I think it is the better choice for whom
>> > wants to download the Google web fonts.
>> >
>> > How do others feel about this?
>>
>> I totally agree with this.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Marcel
>>

> Okay, the only remaining webfonts packages in AUR are now
> ttf-google-webfonts-git and ttf-google-webfonts-hg.
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Maxime

Thank you.

For those curious, I compared the disk usage of both the -git and -hg
packages on my system.

ttf-google-webfonts-git uses 459 MiB.
ttf-google-webfonts-hg uses 2.6 GiB.

To make things less ambiguous, I am going to alter the pkgdesc for my
package to clarify why we have both a -git and -hg version. I CC'd the
maintainer of the -git version.

Jason