[aur-general] Depends question

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 03:58:05 EDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-08 at 10:17 -0400, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 11:14:20 -0300
> Rafael Ferreira <josephgbr at archlinux.info> wrote:
>
> > Em 08/04/2013 11:10, Jesse Jaara escreveu:
> > > maanantai, 8. huhtikuuta 2013 10:06:42 Jonathan Arnold kirjoitti:
> > > I'm working on a pkgbuild for a package that can use either tomcat6
> > > or tomcat7. Is it possible to make the depends list use an or?
> > >
> > > Providing neather is needed at build time, you could just put both
> > > in the
> > > optdepends. If they are needed to build the package create 2
> > > PKGBUILDs, one
> > > for each version.
> >
> > Good idea. Just complementing: with both PKGBUILDs having same
> > "provides=()".
>
> If two packages (tomcat is needed to run it), how would you name them?
> opengrok-tomcat6/-tomcat7 or opengrok-t6/t7?

As Jesse said, If it's just needed to run it, not to build it, a single
opengrok will suffice with boths tomcat in optdepends. However if tomcat
is needed at build time (ie you have to put one or the other in
makedepends, or here, in depends), then I would name them
opengrok-tomcat6 and opengrok-tomcat7 to be the most explicit.

Cheers.
--
Maxime