[aur-general] XFlux Ownership

Ike Devolder ike.devolder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:38:52 EDT 2013

Op dinsdag 9 april 2013 14:31:08 schreef gadget3000:
> Ok thanks. Just for the record that was one of the things I fixed when
> I updated the package, but oh well.
>
> Gadget3000
>
> On 9 April 2013 14:27, Felix Yan <felixonmars at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, April 09, 2013 14:23:12 gadget3000 wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm the previous maintainer of the xflux package (
> > > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/xflux/).
> > > Over the past 24 hours someone else has become the maintainer of
> > > the
> > > package but I'm confused as to how because I never gave up
> > > "ownership" of it.
> > > Before I go on I just want to clarify that I'm not so bothered
> > > about
> > > getting the package back so much as understanding how someone else
> > > now maintains the package without my knowledge (I only found out
> > > after doing>
> >
> > > system, update an seeing that that package got updated even though
> >
> > didn't
> >
> > > update the version number).
> > >
> > > Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the only way a maintainer
> > > can be forced to give up a package is if someone sends an email
> > > to the>
> > maintainer,
> >
> > > asking them to update the package and the maintainer does not
> > > respond
> > > (either by email or by updating the package). I received an email
> >
> > yesterday
> >
> > > (8th March) asking me to update the package, because it didn't
> > > build
> >
> > since
> >
> > > the makepkg update, and I updated the package. Even if I hadn't
> > > updated>
> > it,
> >
> > > it had been less than 24 hours since I even got the message so I
> > > don't understand why someone else has now taken over the package.
> > >
> > > So my question is does anyone know how I lost the package?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gadget3000
> >
> > FYI,
> >
> > https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-general/2013-April/02306
> > 8.html
> >
> > Felix Yan
> > Twitter: @felixonmars

Just a small note, since i noticed you were not all that inactive i've
also sent you a mail. Why did you not respond to it, then the package
would'nt been orphaned at all.

--
Ike

ps: for all the thunderbird users out there, i know my signature will
not be valid. please use something that works like mutt, claws mail,
kmail, whatever.