[aur-general] Make AUR notifier messages more visible

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 12:08:52 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick
<kwpolska at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Anatol Pomozov
> <anatol.pomozov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I found that AUR comment emails are too invisible in my mailbox. The
>> reason is that notifier sends messages to aur-notify at archlinux.org and
>> hides my email in "bcc". Thus email clients (e.g. gmail) do not mark
>> those emails with ">" symbol and they lost in miriads of similar
>> emails from maillists.
>>
>> It would be better if these emails were sent "to" user email as it
>> makes such emails more visible.
>
> Just do a goddamn filter in Gmail.

Yes I am aware of filters (I worked in Gmail UI team btw). I already
have 300+ filters and I hate to add more, especially for one-time
notifications.

Forcing everyone to create a filter for aur notifications sounds wrong
to me. Most people just will not do this. And I think "invisible"
message by default + people's laziness to create filters is the reason
why it is more difficult to get a package maintainer response via
comments rather than via personal email.

Most web sites (such as forums) known to me send notifications "to:"
user exactly for this reason - make these messages visible by default.