[aur-general] Failure to boot after update yesterday evening (CET)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Apr 22 23:53:28 EDT 2013

Hi,

I performed a large-ish update yesterday, gnome 3.8, linux kernel and a few
other bits and bobs, which left my computer in an unbootable state. I still
haven't any more details on why since I've left my other boot option at
work. All I see is that the kernel boots and systemd is started but never
progresses to a login prompt or GDM. I also don't get any of the virtual
terminals.

Maybe this is enough for someone to point me in a direction for solving it.
If it isn't ill get back with more details this evening when I have some
other mean of booting the system.

/M