[aur-general] Failure to boot after update yesterday evening (CET)

Tianyi Wang wty52133 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 04:31:55 EDT 2013

I think the problem is caused by Intel graphic driver does not play well
with mesa which Gnome is depended on.

Before that gets fixed, what you can do is at the bootloader, edit the
kernel parameters. Append systemd.unit=multi-user.target to your kernel
line. This will boot you to tty instead of GDM. So then log in as root,
disable GDM, install another login manager such as lxdm, slim etc. Then
enable it, reboot. The problem should be solved.