[aur-general] TUs and their following of the Bylaws

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Sun Aug 4 11:45:04 EDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Lukas Fleischer
<archlinux at cryptocrack.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 03:40:53PM -0300, Angel Velásquez wrote:
>> Hi people,
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Having that set, I am shocked about how the bylaws are being just used
>> just for addition process, but for somehow are being ignored for stuff
>> like quorum and removal procedures, some TUs look to otherside when we
>> mention this subject.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Let this discussion begin.
>
> Trying to automate this, I just submitted a couple of AUR patches to
> aur-dev [1].
>
> Based on this, we could:
>
> * Add another simple patch that simply displays whether a vote is
>   accepted or not. This leaves no room for discussion on the results of
>   future votes.
I think we should not compute the active TU at the beginning of the vote.
Some TU may have miss to set the inactive state, or be back from
holidays during a vote.

Should we not remove the "active" users in our bylaws?
We consider that ALL TU should vote.
Saying we remove inactive TU in vote to reach the quorum, is an hijack.

> * Implement auto-initiation of removal procedures for repeated quorum
>   offenses.
We could also add auto removal of MIA? There is a field in archweb
with the "last action" of a dev/tu.

> That do you think about that?

This is an excellent initiative!

I heard some complain about people missing the vote beginning.
Maybe adding some kind of
- direct TU email (like for notification) when proposal beging,
- direct TU email 1 day before end of the vote to non votant
- public email (aur-gen) when to announce the status of a proposal.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer
https://www.seblu.net