[aur-general] Removal request for [linux-xen]

Evan Teitelman teitelmanevan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 13:45:37 EDT 2013

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:09:16 -0400, "Dave Reisner" <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> Does it?

Linux no longer requires patching to work with Xen. The x86_64 repo kernel is
configured for both domU and dom0 support. The i686 repo kernel is not
configured for either. I was under the impression that it was. I should have
double checked before sending a deletion request.

There is a linux-pae[1] package on the AUR. It looks like Xen support is
disabled in the i686 repo kernel due to the PAE requirement[2]. Would anybody
object to enabling Xen support in linux-pae? If not, I will discuss the idea
with the linux-pae maintainer.

> Doesn't Xen require PAE on i686?

Xen does require PAE on i686. I was previously unaware of this. There used to
be a non-PAE mode but it was apparently dropped with the release of Linux
2.6.26.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-pae/
[2] https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev-public/2009-October/014142.html