[aur-general] Proofreading request

Richard Schwab mail at w.tf-w.tf
Tue Aug 27 10:23:34 EDT 2013

On 2013-08-27 14:44, Clément Junca wrote:
> 2013/8/27 <ponder at creshal.de>
>
> On 08/27/2013 01:43 PM, ponder at creshal.de wrote:

> first

> handle

> patch
> glad to

> >> I would also add LICENSE to the source array, that way makepkg will
> >> symlink it into $srcdir for you (and you don't have to do fragile stuff
> >> like ../../LICENSE). Generally I'd also cd into $srcdir/$_gitname in
> >> pgkver() and build().
> >>
> >> I'm feeling a bit uneasy about putting the config file straight to /etc,
> >> since it's clearly meant as an example. I'd maybe put it into
> >> /usr/share/$pkgname and state in the .install that the user may copy and
> >> modify it from there to where ever s/he likes it.
> >> Or as an alternative, one could not ship a config file at all and just
> >> put the README (which contains an example config) to
> >> /usr/share/doc/$pkgname and point the user to it during .install.
> >>
> >> I'll attach .diffs containing my suggestions.
> >> Then again, I'm a packaging newb myself, so I'd also like to hear from
> >> someone with experience.
> >>

> > ... I'm pretty sure I really attached them. Here they go again.
> >

> Sorry for the spamming, this is really embarrassing. The attachments
> show up in my sent mail, but not on the list.
> I'll put them up at
> http://ponder.shurelia.de/feather-git/PKGBUILD.diff
> http://ponder.shurelia.de/feather-git/config.install.diff
> until I figure this out.
>

> It's the same problem I had with my .tar.gz file. Can it come from the
> list
> manager software ?
>
> I will add the LICENSE to the source array.
>
> I also agree regarding the configuration file. I prefer the /usr/share
> solution but I can use the /u/s/doc solution if someone thinks it's
> a clearer solution.

Hey there,

I included ponders changes, cleaned up quite a lot in the PKGBUILD and
added some "".
You are not supposed to have empty variables specified in it.
Also, I renamed build() to prepare() and changed the diff format to git
(better visual diff).
There is no need to change the directory e.g. in pkgver() when you
don't need to work in that function anymore.

Diffs for your originally uploaded files:
https://w.tf-w.tf/aur/feather-git/PKGBUILD.patch
https://w.tf-w.tf/aur/feather-git/config.install.patch

New files:

--