[aur-general] Review request for first AUR package

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sun Dec 1 17:45:33 EST 2013

On Sunday 01 December 2013 22:17:28 nyuszika7h wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 03:59:42PM -0500, Jeremy Audet wrote:
> > Is the new .tar.gz file available at the same location? [1] I'm still
> > getting the exact same set of files.
>
> I forgot to rebuild the source tarball. I've fixed that now.
>
> > Yes. The current PKGBUILD [2] lists a maintainer and two contributors.
> > It's
> > polite to list all three of them in the new PKGBUILD as contributors.
>
> Oh, I didn't notice there's a package for sic in the AUR already. The
> wiki says not to create duplicate packages. Should I contact the current
> maintainer about it? (I've updated the PKGBUILD to list them as
> contributors.)

The original package [1] is out-of-date. If you want to maintain the package
you must contact with its current maintainer first via email and wait for a
reply for a two week [1]. After this if he doens't reply you may send a disown
request to this mailing list. However, if he reply that he will maintain this
package you may suggest him your PKGBUILD. In this case YOU will be
contributor.

[1] https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/sic
[2] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR#Other_requests
--