[aur-general] Merge request: openarena-data

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 13:17:20 EST 2013

On 9 December 2013 17:28, Nowaker <enwukaer at gmail.com> wrote:

> In addition to this, if you don't want to maintain the from-source package
>> any more, please disown it so that someone who does can take over
>> maintaining it.
>>

> This package was dropped from community to AUR 2 months ago, and nobody
> was interested in it for 1.5 months before I adopted it. So if I'm to
> reupload this package as openarena-bin, I don't see any reason to leave the
> old openarena as is. If anyone ever thinks it's reasonable to provide
> source-compiled openarena, they will just create a new package. The name
> will be free to take at any time. Does it sound good?
>
> Thanks for your answers.
>

> --
> Kind regards,
> Damian Nowak
> StratusHost
> www.AtlasHost.eu

Well the comments and the votes are for the source-built package,
transferring those to a binary package seems wrong to me, but then again,
I'm not a TU, so it's not up to me.

Does the source package still build? If so, I see no problems leaving it as
an orphan. Someone who uses it might pick up maintaining it.

WorMzy