[aur-general] TU application - Sponsored by Balló György

Martin Wimpress martin+arch at flexion.org
Tue Dec 10 13:27:11 EST 2013

Hi,

I'd like to submit my application to become a Trusted User. I've been
sponsored by Balló György (aka City-busz). You can find my public key
here:

  *
http://pool.sks-keyservers.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x654B877A0864983E

I'm a forty something information technology professional and Linux
enthusiast. I live in Hampshire, England, with my wife and daughter. I
have some grey hair, a beer belly and I'm a killer systems
administrator.

I'd like to join the team because I'd really like to bring MATE to the
official Arch Linux [community] repository. I've been a member of the
MATE team for some months now and in that time I've:

  * Become the principle Arch Linux package maintainer
  * Got MATE 1.6 stable on Arch Linux
  * Created a new build script to automate package builds
  * Created new build hosts to build MATE packages for i686 and x86_64
  * Created new build hosts to build MATE packages for armv6h and armv7h
  * Signed the unofficial MATE package repositories
  * Been given root shell accounts on all the MATE infrastructure
servers
  * Created a new website for the MATE project (http://mate-desktop.org)
  * Become a MATE Forum moderator and administrator
  * Taken ownership of every MATE package in the AUR
  * Started MATE 1.7 packaging for Arch Linux
  * Gone on many bug hunting expeditions

Here are all the relevant links regarding my work with the MATE team.

  * http://mate-desktop.org
  *
http://mate-desktop.org/blog/2013-11-16-mate-1.6-packages-for-arch-linux/
  * https://github.com/mate-desktop/archlinux-packages
  * https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-desktop.org
  * http://forums.mate-desktop.org/viewforum.php?f=4
  * http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/archlinux_custom_repo
  * http://repo.mate-desktop.org/archlinux/

Here's some additional background about myself. I've been running Linux
distributions since 1995, I've transitioned through Slackware, Redhat,
Crux, Debian/Ubuntu and settled on Arch Linux nearly 2 years ago. I dev
using Shell, Python, PHP, SQL, HTML/CSS and know enough C/C++ to bug
hunt. I started using CVS in the late 1990s and moved to Subversion then
Bazaar and now Git.

Some examples of my personal projects.

  * https://github.com/flexiondotorg/ArchInstaller
  * https://github.com/flexiondotorg/oab-java6
  * https://github.com/flexiondotorg/nullserv

By day I work for Flight Data Services. I'm the technical lead and
created the business plan that led to us Open Sourcing most of our
technologies.

  * https://github.com/FlightDataServices
  * http://www.flightdatacommunity.com/

Most of my contribution to Arch Linux has been through the AUR and
you'll find me lurking in #archlinux at freenode. I contributed my first
package to the AUR on the first week I started using Arch Linux. Since
then I've adopted a few packages and added a selection of my own.

  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?SeB=m&K=flexiondotorg

In addition to MATE I'd be interested in migrating some of my other
packages to [community], for example:

  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/bzr-fastimport/
  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/finalterm-git/   (when stable)
  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-nss-mdns/
  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/lib32-xulrunner/
  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/libaacs/
  * https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/nullmailer/

I've contributed to countless Open Source projects over the years and I
am a member of my local LUG. When I'm not geeking out I play with my
daughter and go running. Like all great Open Source contributors I scuba
dive ;-)

Oh yeah, I love Arch Linux.
--
Regards, Martin.