[aur-general] TU application - Sponsored by Balló György
martin+arch at flexion.org
Tue Dec 10 13:27:11 EST 2013
I'd like to submit my application to become a Trusted User. I've been
sponsored by Balló György (aka City-busz). You can find my public key
I'm a forty something information technology professional and Linux
enthusiast. I live in Hampshire, England, with my wife and daughter. I
have some grey hair, a beer belly and I'm a killer systems
I'd like to join the team because I'd really like to bring MATE to the
official Arch Linux [community] repository. I've been a member of the
MATE team for some months now and in that time I've:
* Become the principle Arch Linux package maintainer
* Got MATE 1.6 stable on Arch Linux
* Created a new build script to automate package builds
* Created new build hosts to build MATE packages for i686 and x86_64
* Created new build hosts to build MATE packages for armv6h and armv7h
* Signed the unofficial MATE package repositories
* Been given root shell accounts on all the MATE infrastructure
* Created a new website for the MATE project (http://mate-desktop.org)
* Become a MATE Forum moderator and administrator
* Taken ownership of every MATE package in the AUR
* Started MATE 1.7 packaging for Arch Linux
* Gone on many bug hunting expeditions
Here are all the relevant links regarding my work with the MATE team.
Here's some additional background about myself. I've been running Linux
distributions since 1995, I've transitioned through Slackware, Redhat,
Crux, Debian/Ubuntu and settled on Arch Linux nearly 2 years ago. I dev
using Shell, Python, PHP, SQL, HTML/CSS and know enough C/C++ to bug
hunt. I started using CVS in the late 1990s and moved to Subversion then
Bazaar and now Git.
Some examples of my personal projects.
By day I work for Flight Data Services. I'm the technical lead and
created the business plan that led to us Open Sourcing most of our
Most of my contribution to Arch Linux has been through the AUR and
you'll find me lurking in #archlinux at freenode. I contributed my first
package to the AUR on the first week I started using Arch Linux. Since
then I've adopted a few packages and added a selection of my own.
In addition to MATE I'd be interested in migrating some of my other
packages to [community], for example:
* https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/finalterm-git/ (when stable)
I've contributed to countless Open Source projects over the years and I
am a member of my local LUG. When I'm not geeking out I play with my
daughter and go running. Like all great Open Source contributors I scuba
Oh yeah, I love Arch Linux.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the aur-general