[aur-general] Bundled applications policy?

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Thu Dec 19 13:44:03 EST 2013

On 20 December 2013 01:36, WorMzy Tykashi <wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the policy regarding collection/amalgamation packages?
> 'manarchy' [1] is just a recent beta version of aircrack-ng (stable
> version in community) and an updated version of 'theharvester' [2]
> bundled together.
>
> Should [1] be removed/merged into [2], or should it split up into
> individual packages, or is it perfectly acceptable to have packages
> like this?

Just provide for and conflict with the relevant packages and you don't
give anyone any trouble. Alternatively, you could package up the beta
version of the dep. But if this whole thing is a package of a real
software collection (and not just a mash-up by a packager) then I see
no problem.

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1